Thursday, December 26, 2013

Lofty Expectations


Let's begin with What I've Learned through this stage. 

Architects are never not creating.

Or, envisioning What Could Be. Take my son's bedroom as an example. One afternoon, I got a call to come over to the site to meet with my architect and my husband. So over I went and met them, along with the contractor, upstairs in my son's room. The conversation begins with "I have this crazy idea…" and ended with a few two-by-fours being removed to create what will be my son's loft. "Look!", they say, "Free Space!" "But he's five!", I say, "And we don't need any more space!" But I lost the argument, and because of that, my son is going to have the coolest room ever. That works for me. 


Loft space. That's his closet on the bottom left and his bathroom on the right. 

He even has a window! The best part? He has no idea that this is going to be a part of his room! 


No comments:

Post a Comment