Friday, August 30, 2013

Forming our Family's Foundation

Every day, after my workout, I hop in my car and head straight to the job site. I get so friggin' excited pulling onto the street! 
Even the littlest amount of progress is still progress to me. I'm trying to take it all in, day by day, and not miss a moment of this very special project. My family and I are truly blessed to have this opportunity to build our forever home. Pouring the foundation for this house takes on an extra-special meaning for us. At the same time we are laying the foundation for the rest of our lives, as corny as that sounds. My son, who is five years old, will grow up in this house, while my husband and I will grow older (and I'm okay with that). We are building a foundation for our present and future selves and you best believe that not one day will go by that we aren't extremely grateful for the opportunity. Truly blessed on so many levels.


These early days of construction, you can't really see anything from the street because of the HUGE dirt piles blocking the view of the hole. But change is happening!

Today, they placed the forms into which they will pour the cement foundation. 




My husband and Cooper a/k/a The Coop




Forms are in...

Some Iris growing next to the job site...

Let's pour!


Be careful! 

My Little Man overseeing the progress...


Wait. Is that a truck in my basement?! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment