Sunday, August 18, 2013

"Your house is in a dumpster!"

One minute it's intact, and the next minute it's gone. 
Within a few hours, our home was, indeed, in a dumpster. 

My husband and I, as well as a few friends and neighbors, 
stayed to watch the demolition.


Section by section, they skillfully tore down the house.


I thought I had taken everything out of the house, but do you see what I forgot?
There it is, the forgotten window valance. Oops.

My son's bathroom is on the left - what's left of it, anyway.

Just like that, the house is gone.


Goodbye, garage.

Watching this bulldozer operator maneuver this machine 
across the rubble was fascinating! Such skill! 



Piles of debris...
And it's gone. 
Let the digging for the foundation commence! 
We are so very excited for what's to come!























No comments:

Post a Comment